Sub question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Munday

Reaction score
My truck isn't driven daily, maybe 4-5 times a week, and when it is driven, the sub normally doesn't really get a good work out, with the bass EQ'd down, and sub level down, and master volume down...My question is, should I occasionaly crank it up and let the sub stretch it's legs?

I believe once you have the sub broken in from when you first got it then it shouldn't make a difference afterwards, but i could be wrong.

Tiger. Just make sure you change the sub fluid annually and you won't have a problem. If you don't have any, send me $25 in cash and I will send you some.

Any use of a speaker adds to the cumulative wear and tear. The lighter the use, the longer the life and vice-versa.

Tip - Buy a Tornado and install it in front of your sub for at least a 5 db gain in apparent loudnes. A JL Audio sticker on your window will provide deeper frequencies to augment the volume increase from the Tornado HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I know on most other things mechnical, they need to be used every once in a while to maintain them, and some things need to be pushed beyond 'normal' use every now and then. Thanks for those who ansered.

Now I know why the posting population is so low here....

Latest posts