Subwoofer tourque specs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Nash

Reaction score
I need to take my subwoofer out of its box to see what box i have but i do not know how tight to make the screws i do not want to over tighten them. What is the amount that i should tighten them to what tourque spec and also should i go in a star pattern like tightening a wheel??

I've never seen a torque spec for a subwoofer. It probably depends more on the material you're attaching it to than anything else. Really all you're trying to do is hold it in place and keep things tight enough to maintain the air seal. 100 ft/lbs is hopefully a joke. If anyone actually measured it, it would probably be more like 100 INCH/lbs., which is about 8 ft/lbs.

Just put a foam seal (like weatherstrip material) around the edge of the opening and tighten the screws until it flattens out. That should be tight enough. Check it in a week to see if there's any looseness. If not, you're fine. If so, snug them down a little tighter or use bolts with locknuts. And if you listen to it REALLY loud, get used to tightening things back down all over your ride!

I replaced the sub in my Adrenalin and I just made sure to snug down the screws. If you use a regular screwdriver, and dont have forearms like Popeye, just tighten the screws until they are secure.

Latest posts