Suggested Hitch

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H K

Reaction score
I am sure this has been asked before...

Can anyone suggest a hitch for my ST?

My ST is a 2004 with the V6, 16 inch tires and 4:10 rearend ratio.

I am aware that there may be issues fitting it under the bumper with the 16 inch spare.

Hopefully some one has experienced this setup.

I would hate spend money and the hitch not fit due to my spare tire.

Thank you.

If you can find it, go with the Ford Accessory hitch. Might cost a little more than aftermarket, but then your assured of a perfect fit. That's what I have. And consider having it sprayed with Line-X or a similar product prior to installation. That way, it'll look good forever instead of flaking and rusting and looking like crap. Here's mine:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

I found one available at the link below. But you might also try e-mailing our site sponsor Torrie at www.fastpartsnetwork.com and see if he can get one.

The company I work for is looking into manufacturing tow hitches, and after doing quite a bit of research, Curt hitches came out on top in customer service, design, the way the welds are made and also they way they are painted and fit.

I had a Hidden Hitch on my old '05 Trac, I liked it real well. Tucks close to the bumper and doesn't hang down low and look like shit.

The U-haul hitch is $135 shipped from their website and fits perfect, as well as tucks up nicely behind the rear bumper. Its actually made by Valley and just has a U-haul sticker on it.

http://owensclassicinternational.com/acme88303.html

Just bought an '04, anyone know anything about these? All I want to be able to do is attach my 5x8 trailer and haul my riding lawn mower, maybe the occassional couch and recliner. These seem to have similar stats to the larger bolt ons...but I know nothing about it.