Suggestions for moving desperately needed!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Rhoads

Reaction score
I am supposed to move my fiancee from Syracuse, NY to Newark, DE in two weeks. When I helped her move to NY I simply pulled a U-haul with my ST. Now that our ST's are no longer allowed as tow vehicles by U-haul I don't know what to do. To rent an actual u-haul truck would cost almost a grand (versus 150 for a trailer) and I would rather not deal with them anyway. Anybody have any other suggestions as to where I could get a trailer to rent?

Go to www.haulmark.com and locate a dealer in your area by zip code. My local Haulmark dealer sells and rents trailers for hauling, and will rent to Explorer Sport Trac owners.

Are they still not allowing Explorers to pull trailers? I passed a U-Haul near my house the other day and a guy was pulling out of the drive way in an Explorer with a trailer attached.

Thanks,

SST

Rent the truck and return to the original renting location. It is a pain and costs some more fuel, but the rental is WAY CHEAPER than renting one way.

Tell U-Haul to shove it, and tell them why.

Can try budget rental...But call your local Uhaul and see if they have a trailer you can rent, Don't say any thing about them not renting to explorer tow vehicles..

Cant hurt to try..

Todd Z

say that your trac is a four door ranger. someone else made a post similar to this not too long ago. what's the worst that can happen? They say no.

Yeah, tell them it's a Ranger or go to Ryder or Penske if you can. I prefer to vote with my wallet when possible. :cool:

I give uhaul a shot if that is your only choice. Some dealers obviously don't know that they aren't supposed to rent to Explorer owners because I see them hauling them all of the time. Earlier this week the hubby saw an ST towing a dual axel uhaul with just the bumper.

Latest posts