Supercharger on eBay...Looks similar to XCharger?..What do y'all think?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiveDeep 07

Reaction score
Found this charger on eBay. What do you guys think it goes to? It is for Ford and the decription says it is possibly for a Mustang. I looked at the XCharger and it looks very similar...only the contour lines are exact. What do y'all think? -DD ST

Looks like the M90 that came on Ford 3.8L motors through the 90s. I'm actually looking for one of these, thanks, have to keep an eye on the auction.

Hey, I get a finders fee for this little jewel, right?! Nah, just kiddin. Hah, that's funny I ran across it and you are looking for one. Go get it bro! Do you think it kind of looks like the XCharger though? -DD ST

Lol, only reason I knew it is because I was looking for one, otherwise I would have had no clue. Anyone in texas want to volunteer to pick it up locally and ship it? Given the seller's low rating, I'd be kinda apprehensive about sending him some money, lol.

Regardless of his low rating I would be more concerned on his negatives...

Seller refused to complete sale.

Buyer ccomstock1zh6( 144) Mar-26-06 13:37 4440906643

Reply by millerland: Sorry item sold as a mutiple item auction. Tried to relist; to late. Big Mess. Aug-02-06 19:34

Total Nightmare. Seller reneged on the deal. Listed improperly? Better offer?

Buyer artzfartzart( 109) Mar-25-06 15:54 4440906643

Reply by millerland: Sorry item sold as a mutiple item auction. Tried to relist; to late. Big Mess. Aug-02-06 19:35

Refunded my pmt,states he's "not selling to anyone"he won't complete transaction

Buyer mikebean( 247) Mar-07-06 07:14 4440906643

Reply by millerland: Sorry item sold as a mutiple item auction. Tried to relist; to late. Big Mess. Aug-02-06 19:36

BEWARE!! Did not follow thru and upset alot of people! Would NOT recommend!! F-

Buyer imagination-quest( 349) Mar-05-06 10:19 4440906643

Reply by millerland: Sorry item sold as a mutiple item auction. Tried to relist; to late. Big Mess. Aug-02-06 19:36

But those negatives look like they were for the same auction. Sounds like he had 1 item, but selected the multiple items for sale button, but did not catch it until it was too late. Could have been an honest mistake...

Yeah..they were all for the same item. Every other one is positive. I don't know that I would have been so harh in my feedbacks to him--probably would have just left a neutral. Counts as 0--not positive, not negative. I have left negative ones before, but they were for members who won my auctions and never contacted me/sent payment/had working e-mail addresses. I look back through my feedbacks and see some of them are -1 from my feedback.. Guess they didn't care...

Looks like it could be a good deal on a Supercharger fro someone. Looks likethe Eaton I used to have on my '89 T-Bird SuperCoupe. I paid 200 bucks for a used one of those back in '97. They were good for wearing out the front seal and throwing the supercharger oil on the underside of the hood.. I had to keep a bottle or two of fluid and an allen key with me. When it would get noisy, I would fill it up again. I would have checked it more often, but hey, I was about 20 and had a kick-a$$ T-bird with a 5 speed..I didn't really care. Blew the head gasket and didn't have the cash to fix it and sold it. (for some reason it blew the day after I was racing another S/C on 95. Up to about 140mph at 2am... Man was I dumb!!) I kick myself every time I see one now. I'll probably end up with another someday. Too much fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't that same one go on the 3.8 gm v6? There are some of those that are really hopped up for those. I forget the gm fwd crowd though.

Rich, the inlet is different on the GM 3.8; they run for about $100-$200 eBay, the Ford models rarely go for less than $200, where, I'm hoping b/c of the lack of info, this one will go.

EE supercharger uses an M62 blower while this looks like the M90 blower. However I have seen an M90 blower on a 4.0 SOHC Mustang. Details at tomrasda.com. Also, if you plan to get this blower, you will need to change the intake manifold of your engine, change the position where your TB is and also modify you air intake filter system. Just my 2 cents from my own experience.

The M90 sounds like it was the one off of the Super Coupe.. It is familiar to me. You may be able to find the plumbing in a junkyard...

Check the classifieds onthe forum below for s/c parts...

Jeff C,

Do you still have those Carbon Fiber Taillights? I see you painted your reverse light clear lense a transparent red. I did that to my amber strips on my Jeep Grand Cherokee I use to have. It is considered "de-ambering." If you still have those CF Taillights, how much you want for them? Thanks, DD ST

Yeah, that looks like the M90 that's on my 89 Thunderbird SC. They are unique in that they used an external air-to-air intercooler. That's why the outlet is actually on top. I think he has it upside down in his photos. If you look at the pic of the front the fill plug is located in the boss on the left but it is pointed down. Should be up. The air path on these cars was out of the top of the blower, through the intercooler mounted beside the radiator, and then back to the intake manifold at the rear of the engine below the blower. Weird. Also makes changing plugs or valve cover gaskets a (plumber's) nightmare.

By the way, my car might be for sale. It's a red 5-speed with titanium (silver) interior. Excellent, one-owner car. I bought it new in June of 89. I think it has around 83,000 miles. New shocks, fuel pump, Flowmaster cat-back, B&M shifter, less than 10K on new set of Dunlops. High 20's on the highway, goes like stink, rides great. Never mind, I think I just talked myself out of it. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator: