Superlift 4" kit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norman Rea

Reaction score
Hey ya'll

I am considering doing the 4" Superlift kit on my 2004 Explorer Sport Trac. I have decided this route since it would misalign my Westlin Safari bar on the front if i did a body lift. What I was wondering this being the first time i have done a lift kit what were some things that people had problems with or areas of concern i should look at.

Also i am looking at new tires and rims. I dont know what sizes i should get because i yet understand the measurements of them. What are the size of stock rims. I think i want that size just a bigger tire on it. With a 4" lift what would be key so i dont bottom out in the wheel wells? Lastly can i any of you post some pics so i can see what i like and get some ideas.

Thanks everyone.

I had my 4" suspension installed by a tire shop. They said they didn't have any problems, other than the kit came with the wrong rear springs, so there was a delay on finishing the job.. but other than that, they said it went fine. I also put 285s on with that lift, but rubbed slightly in the front.. I also put a 3" body to fix that though.

or you could go to a fab shop or to a friend that might be handy with a welder and just trim 3" out of each westin bracket and weld it back together... then you only have to spend the money on the body lift..... alot cheaper... and easier

I have a 3" body lift and Im running 285/75's (look in my library)