Superlift 4" lift kit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Merry

Reaction score
Anyone install this kit? I am wanting to install the kit so I can loosen the torsion bars and get a better/smoother ride back. And was curious how difficult it was to install. Plus I am wanting to try taking my ST offroad and my tires are to big to do any offroading.

Well, I didn't install it, but I had it installed. The guys that installed it said it was a piece of cake, well, after they got the correct rear springs. It had come with the wrong ones. Rides great!

ive been kinda curious how much the front kit is alone. reason i ask, is b/c if u go to summitracing.com, u can find the rear 4 inch leaf springs for $135 bucks and they r superlift springs, and u can find the superlift shocks on there as well. whats like the total price range for just the kit and well with the kit and installation through a shop?? u get any of the options?

I had this when I had my Sport Trac...was one of the first ones with it installed.

It is a very nice kit, and at the time, my Ford Dealer thought highly enough of it that they "bid" on installing it rather than having me take it to the 4x4 shop I intended to.

Ride was a little stiffer, and tad bouncier...but I also had beefy BFG MTs on it too.

kind of a curious question, after the superlift 4 inch lift is installed, can u still turn ur torsion bolts and get 1-2 inches more lift, and if u could, also maybe upgrade the shackles on the rear to the warrior shackles to get that extra 2 inches of lift? course throw in a 3 inch body lift. im tryin to get the biggest amount of lift out of the truck, so i can add some fancy 37s on it. mine is a 4wd so, that 2wd lift stuff might not work right. but any answers would be good to hear, thanks.

2" is about the max you can adjust the bars downward (to lift the front). The Superlift kit basically drops the entire front suspension including the torsion bars. Now, when you adjust the torsion bars down you are also eliminating that much downtravel of the suspension and losing ALL of it would be a bad thing.

If you really want 37's I'd recommend the Dixon Brothers kit for the front with a sprung-over conversion for the rear and fiberglass front fenders, plus 4.56 gears front and rear ($800 +/- installed).

This will all cost a whole lot of money. Look killer though. Further, the late-model Ranger/Explorer front end isn't real happy with tires larger than 33", so you will replace a lot of tie rod ends, ball joints, and wheel bearings will need to be serviced once a year if not replaced altogether.

Latest posts