Superlift 4" lift

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Merry

Reaction score
Well after the many answers I received from everyone I ordered the Superlift kit. Should be delivered Thursday. So it looks like my weekend will be spent installing the lift and filling the trash can with empty 12oz cans. :wacko:

Thanks to all for your advice and recommendations. Now I will need to find somewhere to go offroading.

Sorry I didn't get to send you the info you requested. Getting the suspension lift is going to be fun. Show us some pictures when you are finished, and maybe some process pictures of the truck all taken apart.

I bought the superlift knuckles from their scratch and dent store on ebay for 200.00. Saved over 400.00 off retail. Then I just bought the rest of the kit for 1022.00.

They had 1 more set of the knuckles on ebay, so if someone is interested they should buy these. Superlift told me these were the most expensive part of the kit.

chad I'm jealous. I want to do this so bad but I need some time to get the money together. Let us know how the install goes and if we should do it ourselves. I did the shocks and exhaust myself but this may be bigger then I can take on, mostly because I don't have the driveway / garage area to work in. Why can't you be closer to Philly? :lol::lol::lol::blink:

After reading the instructions 10 times it looks like the most difficult part will disassembling the stock knuckles and installing the new knuckles.

I feel a little more comfortable because I always the Powerblock shows on Spike every weekend, and on Trucks and Extreme 4X4 they are always doing lifts on Fords. I know that sounds strange to learn something from TV but they do a good job of showing the major portions.

I will try and take alot of pictures and maybe write up a project for it.

as long as you have a way to lift the truck of the ground and you dont have to do any welding for fab work i think i could pull this off... hmmmmmm ... except i wont fit in my parkade...

Just came in from the garage 9:45 pm not done yet, been about 7 hrs. The delays are mainly bolts that were seized into the front differential, this alone took about 2.5 hrs to remove the brackets and put the modified brackets on. Then you have to do some grinding, and all I had was a dremel, so it took a while. Plus the driveshaft bolts are star bolts and of course I did not have any, so I had to stop for about an 1 hour to wait for my wife to come home, so I could drive to Autozone get those tools.

I will have it finished tommorow, I should have got a helper it would have made it easier and faster. As I just did 1 side at a time to make sure I had everything correct. And then trying to man handle the front diff by myself on the floor and on my back was not fun. But I got it in there, just had to use my legs and feet to help lift it up. I had just stated putting the low control arms back on and then decided to call it a night. It was 12 degrees today, and my heaters could not keep up when the sun went down.

So now I am very sore all over, and will sleep on it and start again Monday. After I call Superlift and let them know their instructions bite the big one. Who ever wrote them has never installed the kit.:wacko:

I took some pics but my camera went dead, so I have it charging now. It is in a good condition to take some pics to show what was involved.

This is definatley a 10 wrench project on scale of 1-5!!!! Well at least by yourself:D

Well today I finished the front, and went to the back only to realize they sent me the wrong leaf springs. Well 1 was correct but the other as wrong. So now I have the baja pre-runner look going on.

I am a little concerned about the front because my torsion are tightend as tight as they go and the lower control arms are still level with the new cross members. When I just had the TT in front they were at a steeper angle. So I am a little confused about this. But it rides much better, I dont feel all the bumps as I did before. Now I have to get it re-aligned, this week. I will update my library with pics as soon as I can.

chad - I was hopeful you would be able to install this lift. It sounds like you are almost there except for the wrong parts. Not sure how that can happen . . . . I just can't help but get this visual of a rolling launge chair if the front is lifted more then the back . :)

ScoTt

Scott,

There are some other issues as well.

1. My torsion bars are as tight as they can be, and I still dont have the proper 3-4" ride height. Superlift says to measure the distance between the LCA bolt (where it bolts to the frame) to the ground and then measure the distance from the LCA ball joint to the ground. This difference in distance is supposed to be 3-4". Mine is about 1".

2. The sway bar links only have rubber bushings on 1 end. The end that is bolted to the LCA is done with regular washers. And you not supposed to torgue them down. So you have metal to metal contact and it makes noise. I think I going to add bushings and disregards their instructions.

Latest posts