Superlift better than rancho and monroe?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Yee

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm about to head down to the local 4wd shop here in Calgary, AB. I need to buy some new shocks as I am topping out my shocks after doing a TT/Shackle lift. I was told to not buy Rancho's period, even tho the store carries them. The salesperson said that Superlift makes a shock for our trucks that out performs Rancho and Monroe by a mile. Funny thing is that they are cheaper too! 55 CAD each vs Rancho RS5000 for 62 CAD. These Superlift shocks are made for the 4" lift kit for the ST.

Anyone have any opinions on this subject? should i get the skyjackers or no?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard of people using them, I have not heard any complaints...

Todd Z

if it is the shocks for the 4" lift they may not compress down correctly. dowe here in new orleans the skyjacker shocks do not last on our roads.

i have the rancho RSX's stock length,they could be longer than stock shocks though i had no problems here.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

I actually called another 4wd shop in town and they said that the stock shock length replacement rancho's in either the RS5000 and RSX would top out as well... you haven't had any problems?

I'm thinking that maybe if you guys haven't had problems that maybe my stock shock were just in that bad of shape and that is causing my problems... i do have 65000 miles on them.

Adam, ANY shock you use is better then the factory pieces of junk... Go with the super lifts, especially since they are cheaper and they say they will fit....

Todd Z

Dont know anything about superlift...Ive had my ranchos for a year...no complaints...

If they carry both...his markup might be greater on the superlifts...:D

who recommended you to NOT buy rancho, ever? From this message board I'd say Rancho has a pretty good rep. I hope so, because UPS is supposed to delivery my rs5000s today!!

I have the Rancho RSXs with the TT/SL lift and every thing is fine. I do not top out at all and dont have any problems with them. I love them so far and the ride is better now with the TT/SL and the RSXs than it was before when I was completely stock. The guy at my local 4wd shop tried to convince me into getting the Superlift shocks but I decided with the Rachos cause everyone here loves them!

I actually have a set of those superlift 4" shocks, that came with my lift kit. New never installed. I never installed them because I was told that they were junk So sorry no first hand experience. But I could sell them to ya if you wanted them.

Latest posts