Superspring install? Or Air bags?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaffo oxnard

Reaction score
Has anyone installed these? I have a trailer with about 600 lbs of tongue weight (nothing I can do, the axles are just too far back for the load on them) , plus another 200 of gear in the bed, and the rear of the 2001 2WD Trac is sagging. I need anout 3-4" of lift to level her out. I looks like this unit is the most progressive out there, in that it won't add ride height or make her bounce hard when empty.

I am not opposed to the air bag solution, but can't find a system for the 2001 2WD.

Anyone done either?

Thanks,

Tony

I added a set of monroe lift leveler shocks in the rear of mine. I use mine to tow my boat, the weight you need is a bit more than mine but when i hook up my boat it dosent sag at all. they were only a little over $100 for a pair. and really easy to install. If you want some pics of mine just let me know.

I just installed a set of Monroe Air Shocks and they ride great! I keep them at 50psi.

I didn't need lift but I would if I hauled stones or dirt.

I got them at amazon for $57 and change shipped. They arrivved in 3 days. Easy install took me about 2 hours.

[Broken External Image]: