Survey

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Poche

Reaction score
I was just curious those of you who have had trany problems who has 4x2 and who has a 4x4 the post earlier got me thinking.All who have had problems please reply.Thanks

Owned two STs. The first was a 4X2 and had problems with the throttle body beginning around 32K. My second ST is at 32K and has no issues with the transmission.

04 2WD

2-3(?) flare at ~19K miles

Pan dropped, solenoid replaced, EPC adjusted, under warranty.

Flare disappeared only after tranny flush.

2003 4x4. 58000 miles. Tranny flushed at dealer at 25,000 and 50,000 miles. Started feeling the 2-3 flare at 55,000. Still on extended warrenty, so took it in at 57000. Solinoid valve and pressure switch replaced. Seems to have solved the problem.

Nelson, you meant "valve body" bud.. :)

At 40 some odd thousand miles, I had problems with the valve body too (1-2 upshift issue). Cost about $520 to fix, now it has over 85k miles with no more issues.

hmmm ive gone thru 2 thannys. the first one was human error. :lol: the second one... some tech guy forgot to plug in a harness and made it shift wrong.

04 14,000 miles flashing O/D light... had EPC Solenoid replaced... no issues with the tranny since then, now I am at 34,000 miles...