Suspension right front

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been hearing a pop noise when I have my wheels to the right and turn back left. I also notice the rotors grinding when I make a right hand turn. I replaced both hub assemblies two years ago and about 17000 miles. Could this possibly be tie rod ends or hubs bad already? Any helpful information would help. 2005 STA 4 X 4

Unload the suspension by lifting the front off the ground and place jack stands under the forward facing LCA "hooks" to inspect. My first guess would be lower ball joints.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I forgot about ball joints. I had three of the four replaced. I just can't remember which ones but they was all Moog so I guess I will look for the one without the zerk. Thanks everyone for reminding me. I will let you know the verdict. :supercool:

I had similar issue. Jacked up front of truck. put second jack under the lower wish bone to relieve the pressure on front suspension (one side at a time). TOP control arm main bolts left and right side. 21 MM. Loosed a bit and retorked to 98lbs. All sounds stopped.

I also used MOOG on front sway bar bushings and end links and made a HUGE difference in handling and sound also. But loose upper control arms were my main issue.

Latest posts