SVT ST???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a shame too. All the hype and waiting...it was set to turn the sport truck world on it's ear. I so wonder what happened to the prototypes they used for all the photo shoots and unveilings and car shows. I wouldn't think they'd throw them away. Who gets to drive them?

The ones for the shows are usually one of a kind, and are form over function. They usually are not up to safety specs and cannot be driven on the street. A while back Ford had an auction to auction off some of thier prototype vehicles. They sold the Equator this way. There are millions of dollars invested in these prototypes, so cost would probably be unrealistic for most...

There is only 1 badged SVT in production, and that's the GT500 Shelby Cobra Mustang (long enough name?), and conjecture is the only reason it is SVT badged is because it was too late into the production of the vehicle to take it off. SVTOA (SVT Owner's Association) has fallen under Ford Racing.

Only thing we can hope for is the new CEO will put some life back into a new SVT program to get the vehicles that enthusiests want back into production.

Only thing we can hope for is the new CEO will put some life back into a new SVT program to get the vehicles that enthusiests want back into production.

Once Ford gets into the black will they then be able to start back into the SVT production.

It is hard to justify building more low demand vehicles when most of your other vehicle are already in low demand.

Tom

But if Roush got a hold of them, the price would be on the same lines of an M3 or Porsche....I'd take the Porsche and a beater pickup... No Thanks.

I thought that the revitalized the svt division a few months after that announcement and that they are releasing that f150 as there first truck. I could swear this is what is going on.