Swapping out std. seats for leather seats

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2001 Sport Trac and I'd like to install factory leather seats to replace the

cloth ones I have. Here are some questions I hope others can answer:

1) Will newer model year ST leather seats bolt in without modifications?

2) My drivers seat is power actuated, the passenger seat is not. I believe the leather seats

are both power actuated, though I'm not sure. How can I power the passenger seat?

Can I just splice into the drivers seat circuit?

3) Are the front leather seats heated? If so, how can I hook them up? Or, should I just

forget about that feature.

Hope one or more members have gone through this before. I hate blazing the trail.....

Steve:rolleyes:

1) They should bolt up no problems, the floor pan hasn't been changed.

2) All you really need is a +12V, switched preferably, and a ground. The power seats are 'self-contained' outside of just needing a +12V. You could use the drivers circuit, but something like the accessory power outlet has what you need, and is closer.

3) For years 2003-05, the leather seats are heated, '01 and '02 are not.

Steve, where are you going to get the seats from. I've been wanting to do that to my trac for quite some time now???

Just get some replacements from katzkin (sp?) they will be much higher quality and you can get them in many custom configurations.

Don't waste the time and effort to install factory leather seats. Had them in my '01 Trac, and they were the hardest, crappiest leather I've ever seen! I think vinyl would have been better. They cracked and looked like ***t inless than 18 months.

I cant complain about my leather and how well it has held up. I even think these seats are the MOST comfortable ones I have even had in a vehicle and I have had several.

Trac N On!

I was going to suggest Katzkin. I ordered from them and they should be here this week I hope. I paid about $1000 for it all. That includes all the seats (front and rear) peforated leather inserts with contrast stitching and a custom logo embroided in the headrests. From what I hear its the best aftermarket leather available so I think it was worth the money.

try this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-2002-Ford-Explorer-Sport-Trac-Leather-Seat-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33702QQitemZ7991682569QQrdZ1QQsspagename

man thats a deal, but no pics on the auction, i wonder what u can get??

Its a secret Travis... I will tell you that its not a Ford logo cause they dont have the permission to use them.

Sorry it took me so darn long to get back to this thread. I've been away on a business

trip from Hell. To answer one question, my seats are the 2001 grey cloth.

To answer another one, I think I was the one involved in the "high priced" ebay front seats.

I was in for $800.00+ and got outbid. I did however, win the rear seats though. All I

need are the fronts and I'm good-to-go, as they say.

:rolleyes:

Steve

You might want to check with CoastieJoe. He has access to many junkyards and may be able to look for the front seats in leather for you at a reasonable price.