Swing up doors?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Maurer 2

Reaction score
I have seen 2 new F-150s in the past month with doors that seem to :cool:pivot at the front pillar and swing up to open! Interesting look- though you have to be stopped for anyone to notice. Anyone have info on this? Applicable to ST?

You can get a kit from a company like <a href="http://autoloc.com/" target="top">AutoLoc</a>. The kit is not easy to install, and is usually reserved for show type cars where function and usefullness takes a back seat. All it is is a revised hinge and latch mechanisim, the style is usually called "scissor" style, "lambo" style, and less accurate, "gullwing" style.

A couple of cars at the car show I was in last weekend had those. They change the hinges and move them up a little. The guy said it costs $550 and up. I asked his girlfriend if she ever hit her head on the door and she said she just did that morning. She said it happens alot until you get use to it. Gary D. in CT

They are not very practical for a street driven vehicle. The real problem is that many parking garages at airports, malls and hospitals have very low ceiling heights and those Lambo doors require a good bit of head room, and on a tall truck it makes it even worse.

...Rich

I like the suicide door look myself. The plus about lambo doors is you don't have to worry about opening up and dinging the vehicle or cart next to your ride.

Latest posts