Sylvania Class Action Suit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H D

Reaction score
I got a card in the mail today about a class action suit against Sylvania for misrepresenting their products. Anyone else?

Hugh,

Don't start planning your retirement or picking the color for your new Ferrari... Typically,you will probably never see a dime from that class action suit.

Over my 68 years, I have gotten countless notices that I was part of some class action suit with Millions $$$ being awarded as damages. Out of all of those law suits I have received a total of one check for 8 cents!

The one I felt I should have been awarded damages was against State Farm Insurance. They were charged in Texas with misleading customers about what their uninsured motorist coverage would pay when they were hit by an uninsured motorist and falsely recommending that they use their own collision coverage. The letter stated that if my claim was approved I would get a minimum of $5000.00

My daughter was a minor on my insurance policy, and got hit in the rear by an uninsured motorist about 7 years earlier. At the State Farm claims office, I was given the advice to use my Collision Coverage in stead of my uninsured motorist coverage to cover the damages and State Farm would reimburse me when they got the money from the uninsured motorist. I even had to go to a hearing in Dallas, TX where I had to testify in front of a panel of judges and attorneys from State Farm.

The judge said that even though she was a minor at that time, and on my insurance policy, the car was in my daughter's name and she was no longer a minor, so she would have to file a claim in the class action suit. So she did, but her claim was then denied ???

The 8 cent check I received was from a class action settlement against eBay...I have no idea what they did wrong or why I deserved 8 cents? I just threw the check away since it would take more time and money in gas just to take it to the bank.

...Richard

Years ago there was a diamond class action lawsuit. I think I filled out the paperwork in 2006. I forgot all about it until last year when I received a check for $165.00 :banana:

How do they get your name & address?

I got one also. I suspect that got mine from rebates I filed. The card said, something about $10...LOL

My headlight ultra's are 3yrs old and getting weak. My silverstar regulars for my fogs only last 1yr at a time. Replaced twice. About time for them to blow again..LOL I carry spares behind the back seat.

I suppose I should get some spares for the headlights. They are starting to have a yellow tinge when on low and high. I think I will try another brand. Or wait for another rebate. The ultra's were great for the first 18 months.

I hear the GE nighthawks are good.

I'm not concerned about getting any money. The card does say that most will receive a $10 settlement unless you opt out. I won't make the effort to opt out and if a $10 check shows up, I'll feel like I got a better deal on the lights (I already purchased them at a 20% discount).

BTW, I've had them for over a year and they're still in the packaging. I'll get around to it...

Ditto on the card in the mail. Maybe they got sales records from Advance Auto etc. I never thought the Silver Stars were that good anyway.

Hmmm?

I have not received any card from Sylvania and I have bought several sets of SilverStars?

I put SilverStars in my 2001 Sport Trac and had them for a year. When I traded in my 2001 for a new 2003 Sport Trac, I took my SilverStars out and put them in my 2003 and drove it for 5 years and never had any problems with them....I must admit that I did not drive that much at night, but 6 years is still a long time for headlight bulbs.

The headlights on my leased 2013 Hyundai Tucson were terrible and within a few weeks I replaced the stock bulbs with SilverStar for a big improvement! That was just over a year ago and they are still working fine and I drive more at night now....

Over the past 8 years I have had 7 eye surgeries and now I don't even need to wear glasses to drive (passed my eye test without glasses at my license renewal last year). I barely have to wear glasses to read now and only if the print is really small. Not bad for a 68 year old fart...:grin:

....Rich

Latest posts