Taillight guards again....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Jenkins

Reaction score
oh well truckaddons.com said they had them, then got an email this morning "product is obsolete, no charges have been made" so back to the drawing board. I also can not find anyone that carries the Waag guards anyone know someplace that does have them in stock? Thanks

Samething happened to me. Performance4trucks.com has them. I just ordered them and got a email saying their being delivered, u need to search for 01 sport trac. That's the only kind I can find. Let me know if your successful.

Westin guards shown in stock.

You've heard that before. :banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:
a cool project would be some solid dowel rod and a braising torch... make a cool set !!! orange county style !!

Todd Z

If that picture is what they are labeling as sport trac guards ,their way off. The website I ordered from show the same kind so I'm crossing my fingers hoping its a generic pic

Sometimes you're better off speaking with a human, time to call them. GL

I had the same problem with the Westins. Ordered from 3 different places and 3x got the wrong ones. I ended up calling Westin and spoke to the rep and he told me it was an error in their inventory listing that was causing all the problems. The number they were telling their suppliers would fit a sport trac was actually for a 98-01 regular Explorer. He thanked me for bringing it to their attention and assured me they would fix the error in their database. That was 6 months ago so dont know if they got around to it. I asked him for the correct part # and he said it was obselete.

I have yet to see tail lights guards that actually work. On all the ones I've seen take a hit, they've caused the plastic around the mounting screws to break, thereby ruining the tail lights anyway.

They're definitely just for looks. I've considered them for that reason but it's hard to justify what they cost with what they do.

They're brush guards. they're not meant to take any sort of heavy hit. Just to stop the branches from scratching them. :)

[Broken External Image]: