talked to a new owner.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry tanner

Reaction score
i was glad to see my neighbor got rid of his toyta and got a 04 xlt sport trac. 41,000 miles and paided 14,500 for it. he said he is happy with it and i told him to come here.

Heaven? I drive our Toyota every chance I get, it has more power and gets much better mileage than the Sport Trac. After driving the Toyota for a while, the Sport Trac feels like a big fat slug. And it (Sport Trac) has a K/N and Flowmaster.

He must be in heaven.

Great choice!

Toyota's suck!

They are cheap and my Ford truck is built very tough. The commercials told me. Your not American if you buy something that was made here in America. Ignorance is my name.

Hey i own 3 toyots 84 for rockcrawling a 87 4runner soon to be crawling and a 92 that gets close to 30 mpg and my trac well we will see hoe it does on the trail but if it performs poorly ill tradr it for a TRD tundra since i paid 8900 for an 02 i have a little to play with dont diss toyos there oright but im a ford man in my heart ford doesnt have a hand around crawling though so...................

I think $14,000 for an 04 with that mileage was a decent price. As far as trade in you always get screwed over doing that.

DJ, Since you responded negative to having an XCal 2, I highly recommed getting one with 87 & 97 octane performance tunes. You will definately notice the difference in performance. :D;) If you do any towing you can get a tune for towing rather than the 97 octane performance tune. I also recommend the performance throttle body from ZabTeck and converting to an electric thermostatically controlled cooling fan. Also, if your K&N is not a cold air intake; I strongly urge you to get one. ;):D:D:D

Heaven? I drive our Toyota every chance I get, it has more power and gets much better mileage than the Sport Trac. After driving the Toyota for a while, the Sport Trac feels like a big fat slug. And it (Sport Trac) has a K/N and Flowmaster.

Yea. Happy for you bud. My neice has a Toyota. It is cheap, slow, gets terrible gas mileage and it rattles like crap.

What is your point. If you think so highly of your Toyota, go brag about it on a Toyota owners website. People there actually care what you think about your Toyota...Lord knows I don't.

Tom

Also that price I am sure was for a 2WD ST..... the 4wd would have been 3-4K more...

Todd Z