Texas considering similar immigration law

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger Batts

Reaction score
I just read last night that Texas may be considering a similar immigration law like Arizona's. There is also talk about adding a new law for election reform. A person running for president or vice president must prove eligibility to the state or they will be banned from appearing on the ballot.

We all know when you get a top secret security clearance, they never do any kind of checks.:boohoo:

Tom

We all know when you get a top secret security clearance, they never do any kind of checks

Not sure an elected President needs to get security clearance, don't believe it's a requirement for the job. I'm sure a considerable background check is completed by every agency, but what would happen if he or she failed, sorry can't be President.

The Constitution only applies to American Citizens. So the Constitution has no bearing on what happens to illegal aliens.

Even American citizens in prison lose much of their Constitutional Rights like Liberty, etc. Illegal Aliens should be deported and if they continue to enter this country illegally, then they should be put in prison for a few years, then deported.

...Rich

Well Mark, it shouldn't bother anyone who isn't leagally qualified to become President of the USA. If it's an issue to someone in the future then that would be an issue.

'07 ST:banana:

This birther sh!t is getting ridiculous.

It boils down to one document...The Constitution.

Mark you slam it every time.I havent seen you post anything to support why. I feel all your doing is telling others to shutit. How old are you?? Why you dont like the constitution??

Do you not like the laws our fore fathers wrote?? They are there for a good reason.

I dont like barry. Not because he is a dem. I vote my conscous after looking into thier track record, not for a party. I havent seen anything of sound quality in him. In the end Bush was hurting us. Barry has tripled if not more the same mistakes. Is that change? Not in my opinion. Why is he, deliberatly covering his past? Our elected officials work for us. If there is a questionable situation. Tell the truth. Then the country can move on and not be stuck in, questionable arguments and slams. Lack of revealing truth hurts a united country. A house divided against itself, cannot stand. We cant hold onto darkness and move forward.

The states are having to step up since the feds ain't doing anything.

Very good point Robert. Along with that the feds want supreme control. They are creating a new monarchy. And we are voting for it,,sad.

IMO, it is more upseting and wrong for a citizen be called a terrorist and unAmerican. Just because you question an elected official. If we ever give up that right. We will see exactly how the Nazi party came into power, right here. I have studied how they did it. IMO it is happening in DC. The economy peoples attutudes(both sides of the isle) are ripe for anything to happen as it did in Germany.

Republican or Dem or any party. They are all getting out of control. No matter who you are. I expect you to be truthfull. Even if I did vote for you. Too many are portraying themselves as something they are not.

Peace brothers.

Think about it. Someone becomes a front-runner in a presidential contest. Do some of you really think that NO ONE will bother to check the guy out to see if he's legally able to be President? Do you really think that a fly-by-night could make it all the way into the White House without anyone guaranteeing his qualifications? Do you think the FBI, CIA, Secret Service, and God knows who else doesn't make sure the guy is on the up-and-up before he ends up on the final ballot? Do you really think those agencies would allow a foreign-born person to end up being elected President of the United States without saying a word?

Mark you slam it every time.I havent seen you post anything to support why. I feel all your doing is telling others to shutit. How old are you?? Why you dont like the constitution??

Do you not like the laws our fore fathers wrote??

I never said I didn't like the Constitution. I've never slammed it. To state otherwise is a fabrication.

What does the ridiculous birther claim have to do with a radical immigration law?

Other than it fits into the warped belief system of the Religious Right wing Tea party racists...:grin:

Think about it. Someone becomes a front-runner in a presidential contest. Do some of you really think that NO ONE will bother to check the guy out to see if he's legally able to be President? Do you really think that a fly-by-night could make it all the way into the White House without anyone guaranteeing his qualifications? Do you think the FBI, CIA, Secret Service, and God knows who else doesn't make sure the guy is on the up-and-up before he ends up on the final ballot? Do you really think those agencies would allow a foreign-born person to end up being elected President of the United States without saying a word?

I agree with most of the above. Ann Coulter said many months ago that if the Clintom machine could have proved it, they would have used it in the run up to the last election. She's pretty far right!! I do think that Barry likes to keep the birther thing going though....IMO!

Don't see what difference a law like that would make to anyone running who was a legitimate U.S. citizen.

'07 ST

Other than it fits into the warped belief system of the Religious Right wing Tea party racists

WOW..when did the right to disagree with the government, make citzens all that..

From what I have seen in news cast. There have been all races at those events. I would bet there are even some athiest, agnostics and PC folks at them.. How old are you..

Last edited by a moderator:
Other than it fits into the warped belief system of the Religious Right wing Tea party racists...

As our resident troll, it figures Frank would continue to play the race card since he is blind to the facts and prefers to use "the act of bringing the issue of race or racism into a debate, perhaps to obfuscate." This is something he does since he can't and won't support any of his statements.

Whether Obama has handled the situation correctly or not, bringing it up will never help an argument against him. There are plenty of policy related issues to object his presidency for. You're doing exactly what his staff wants you to do when you focus on an argument as useless and dead-end as his citizenship and not on his horrible policies.

Obama has played the "birthers". By not presenting his birth certificate he has them focused on a non-issue. His decisions and policies are not in the best interest of this country. By playing the birthers and allowing the lamestream media to continue to use race as the reason so many people disagree with his administraion takes the focus off his poor decision making.

I'm old enough------------to be able to say that I have watched the 2 party system damn near destroy this country and everything it ever stood for, in the last 40 years.

They have repeatably changed the laws, so they could rob the funds put aside by those laws, and created the problems we have today. The only people that are in a safe position today are the politicians. They will remain that way until WE get off our collective asses and do something about it.

IF YOU GIVE A MAN THE POWER TO DO WHATEVER HE WANTS....HE WILL DO IT.

The whole issue about the Arizona immigration law, and the proposed Texas immagration law is that the police can ask t anyone to show proof that they are a Legal US citizen, or have they have entered this country legally.

Many opponents to the law claim that amounts to racial profiling. Well DUH! If your state borders on Mexico and 99.99% of the illegal aliens in your state are from Mexico, would it not be smart to look for people who look Mexican? That is not to rule out that blondes, or people who speak perfect english could not be illegal aliens. In Arizona, Texas, New Mexiico, and California, as well as many other states, the vast majority of illegal aliens are from Mexico.

Couple that with everyone stopped for traffic violations or anyother major or minor infraction of a law and I think you would probably round up a large portion of illegal aliens.

Remember, even now, police can stop anyone on the street and ask them for identification and do not have to tell you why you were stopped. They can always just say that you matched the description of someone they were looking for.

I agree with drpertz that our two party system is destroying our country and forcing people to either be ulta-conservative or ultra-libral. I think all Senate and Congressional candidates should only serve on term, and they should all run as independent candidates with no party affiliations or private donations. All donations should be put into a single account and shared equally amoungst all candidate. As each primary election ends the candidate/s with the least votes is eliminated until you are down to the top two or three candidates that go on the final ballot. If any candidate engages in any mud-slinging, or caught telling lies, they are eliminated from all future ballots. Candidates may only talk about the issues and connot engage in personal attacks on their opponents.

I would also like to see Senate and Congressional ethics laws changed so that members who violate ethics laws or betray the public trust are run out of office and even giving jail time, depending upon the nature of the crime. Lies should be treated as Pergery by a public official and should be considered a breach of public trust and that official should be stripped of their public office and banned from any further work for the government.

...Rich

Latest posts