Thai Ranger

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark B

Reaction score
Not a complete transfer of the 4Trac concept but nice.

Sounds like the Ranger badge is doomed in the USA. Too bad. I'd be interested in a compact 4-door pickup but all the makers seem to be upsizing.

Illini up by 10. Woo-Hoo.

And Ford wonders why they are seeing so much red these days...

Is it just me, or would this front-end look about a gazillion times better on the '07 ST then the carry-over Exploder front-end?

Something like this... from the 4 Trac. No more Ranger in the US, that would be a disappointment.

[Broken External Image]:

If Ford does axe the Ranger in the U.S., what will they have to fill the compact/mid-size pick up void? A two-door Sport Trac?

The "new" Ranger still looks too similar to the Ranger as its been since the early 90s. Maybe a few subtle details taken from the 4-Trac concept, but certainly not the entire package. The 4-Trac with the 3.5L V6 (or a diesel) could probably be a real winner in terms of mileage, power, utility and appearance. Definitely compete with Sport Trac market, but as gas goes up more people would probably be willing to sacrifice some size for MPGs. To me, the 4 Trac really has a great look to it.

[Broken External Image]: