Thanks to Paul H, Todd Z, Tom R

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A K

Reaction score
The PIAA 510s through an OEM fog light switch are nearly done. I wanted to thank you folks for answering my questions ahead of time so I could come home on break and get right to it.

Between pops and me, we have the lights mounted (not aimed) and all wiring done. All that is left is to snag a fog light harness from the local junk yard so I can easily disconnect them from the switch if I need. Currently, the lights are running through an el cheapo switch just for testing purposes.

Tomorrow we will grab the harness, route the wires in the dash, link the harness to the wires, and aim the lights. I will have photos then.

Again, guys, thanks for answering my questions. Between your pinpoint answers and my educated guesses with what to cut and splice with the PIAA harness, everything is looking great.

You guys rule. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
We try....

As far as the harness your getting is it only to hook to the factory fog light switch ???

Only because you can buy the small spade connectors and using heat shrink, you can make the harness,,,,

Just a thought...

Todd Z

Just a little update--

Pops and I went to the local salvage yard, which had a billion 2nd gen Explorers and Sports. Snagged two fog light harnesses (freebie--the guy said take them because he'd recycle the wiring anyway). Ran the wires through the transmission grommet (drilled three tiny holes, pulled wire through), wrapped wire and routed it via the other dash wiring and out in the bezel area. Attached the harness to the wires, tapped the 4x4 switch for illumination, and put everything back together. Taped the PIAA plugs with black tape to ensure they're waterproof. Everything works perfectly.

All that is left is aiming tonight, and an extended drive to make sure there's no smoke... :)

I did not take pictures of the process as I was too busy contorting my body under the dash, under the front, etc. Dad's not too good with cameras. But, I'll get a finished shot in a little while, or tomorrow after we aim them tonight.

Again, thanks fellas. This site rules.

Great to here Adam.

Take some pics and show all your hard work.

And you are right this site does rule!:D:D:D

Paul H

Latest posts