Thanks to R for your help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vin Perrotta

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I posted some questions about changes for Job 2 at the end of July. My plan was to wait for the order forms to be available, I assumed sometime in the beginning of July and place my order. Thank you for the info you provided. I will surely want the Job 2 options added, but I was alarmed that my favorite color, you guessed it, Dark Cherry will not be available. Your further pictures of alloy sound interesting, but I would want to wait to see one in person before I make a decision. I found an Edge preview folder that had a picture of Amethyst, which like you said is a dark purple. Apparently, I am not the BOLD MOVE guy they were thinking of. I have seen on Blue Oval News 2007 Explorer order forms that Dark Cherry will still be available on EB and LTD models. Since it is in the factory, any chance of a recant? It is hard after six months of one dream in my mind, with the other colors not really a close second, except for, you guessed it, Mineral Grey. Go Figure.

Thanks for your imput for new buyers on this forum. It is really helpful. Also, if you have any clout, have them save me some Dark Cherry for my Job 2 order.

Whew, glad to know I wasn't the only one who had two of my top choices removed. I share your pain. Anyway, the blue is really starting to grow on me but I will want to see an alloy ST before making a final decision. I drooled over a blue Limited last weekend. I like! That was after thinking I would definitely get a dark cherry. R, as soon as you can get your hands on a pic of an alloy ST share it with the Ford faithful who are waiting anxiously to put their order in for a Job 2. There has to be one driving somewhere around Detroit or Louisville. :lol:

It is nice to have someone to share the "pain". I do hope they change their minds though, since the color is still on the 07 Explorer. Oh well. I also hope bodyside moldings as a factory option from the Explorer parts bin can be added too. Maybe somebody going to Louisville can make these recommendations. I have seen the new "carbon" on the Edge sheet and the Explorer color chart, and thought it could be the new Alloy, but I saw a different paint code and Alloy name on the Mustang 2007 info from Blue Oval News, which is good because it didn't really stand out. Since doing my research, i have appreciated this forum very much, and have found the imput helpful and practical. It will also be an asset when I hope to join the people on this site who actually own a ST! This will be a long term purchase, so I want it to be just right, in my usual obsessive manner.

A recent thread has pictures of the GT-500 in alloy. Nice looking color, but very tough to really get a feel for the color unless pictures are taken in full light. Obsessive would definitely describe me when looking for a new vehicle also. Good luck.