The 3,000 mile oil change myth...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True about the WD 40,But whats in the secret Formula?

Question Eddie, maybe you Know,if not ask your uncle pls, What do syns do that Dinos do not?

Why do they last so long? what are they made of?

There was a posting on this site a year or so ago that addressed the switch to synthetic oil. It was quite informative and I recall that there was a web link to a test that was conducted comparing many synthetic oils. As I recall Royal Purple appeared to top the testing because the film did not break down as all of the others did, which protected the bearing under test.

Can anyone recall that test and how to find that link again?

I took the 10 page print out to my Ford dealer and showed why I was switching to Royal Purple, and I left it there.

Sure would like to reprint that test................

Thanks,

Bob

He also said to never use the same gas all the time. He said different brands additives would clean up deposits left by another brand....

My uncle who is a retired Regional Manager for Mobil said the exact same thing! He said that each oil companie's additives cleans different things so the best solution is to periodically switch betwwen different brands of gasoline. Besides that, they are all the same. The only diffenece between one brand and another is the additives that each brand uses.

Latest posts