The common vacuum Elbow leak, Pic of Ford replacement part

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
I picked up one of those Assemblies today, why I don't know, But why not...

Here is a pic.

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Yard, No clue, But it is sold as 1 piece...

Fast, Don't know, But people who have had the front one crack should check the back. It is attached to the back of the valve cover on the drivers side.

Todd Z

Steve, Just check it. The number 1 sign is stalling, not running at all, Check engine light for lean banks 1 and 2...

Just Look at the hose and give it a squeeze, IF it is still soft and not cracked or dry rotted, your good to go.. IF it feels hard or cracked, Change it.

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Tony, the one that tends to go is the one on the bottom of the pic, the longer one..

Todd Z

Thanks to this site I was able to fix this same problem as pictured above. I went to Advance Auto Parts and bought: “CURVED RADIATOR HOSE” part number (A)70001CS. It fit perfectly with absolutely no modifications at all and cost less than $5.00. My Trac is running better than ever. Be sure to buy the part first as your Trac won’t run without it. This can be done without tools however I had to use a utility knife to cut away the old hose. Also, because I have big hands then I removed the dust cover to allow me a little more room to work . Still, the whole process took less than 10 minutes not including travel time to the parts store.

Latest posts