The Curse of The Silver Sport Trac Strikes Again!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkDawn Houlahan

Reaction score
Well it's happened again. This will be rear bumper cover number four, rear bumper support number two, bumper step pad number two, left bed side number 2, tailgate lower trim number one and left rear wheel well liner number one!:banghead:

[Broken External Image]:

Mother-in-law borrowed the Trac and was inside the store when vehicle A hit vehicle B that was backing out next to the left side of the Trac. Vehicle B was pushed into the Trac. You can even see the slide mark on the ground at the base of the LR tire.

I'm really getting sick of this. Four accidents, none our fault (hell, there wasn't even anyone in the Trac this time!), and all but one having to do with the rear of the truck.

I hate to say it, as we love our Silver Birch beauty (just put $1,000 in tires, full front brakes, and front ball joints), but it might be time to trade for that Flex Dawn wants. Whatever we do, it'll have the worlds brightest taillights! Geez Louise!

:sad:

Mark

That sucks man.... I know your pain, my sister in law had a corolla that was a magnet for everything...... that car had close to 8 accidents all while parked !!!!

Glad no one was hurt..

Todd Z

Related... My Waag rear bumper guard has saved my truck from damage at least three times that I know of.

First time, an old lady in a Cadillac pulled into a parking spot behind me too fast and wacked the bumper guard. No damage to my truck, but $2000 damage to her car. Second time, someone bumped me at a traffic light. Messed up his bumper cover and no damage to my truck. Third time, I backed up and forgot I had a small flatbed trailer hitched up. Jack-knifed. No damage to the trailer and a small bend to the bumper guard mounting bracket.

[Broken External Image]:

Mark,

Love the tail lights. Are they really that bright? Where did you get them?

Dave

Oh yeah, sorry about your accident.

Love the tail lights. Are they really that bright? Where did you get them?

The red one is a rear fog light and the white one is a backup light. They're made by Federal Signal and are halogen. The model is GH1.

:eek:fftopic:

They're made by Federal Signal

we had some of these at my work that we wanted to sell on E-bay because it's not our normal thing we sell. We got flagged by them for selling Emergency lights and/or sirens

:back2topic:

really sorry to hear about that, i know how bad it sucks for that to happen, been done to be 2x its heart breaking. :sad: even sparked a good arguement one morning when i got hit at a traffic light cuz i was already late for my exam..which i ended up missing:angry: :argue::angry:

if you have to sell the the Trac that will be sad :cry:

but id trade you or buy your taillights... :supercool:

Wasn't sure which "Mark" is being referred to, so I'm assuming you're asking about our carbon fiber look taillights. I got them off of eBay in '07 when we had the last rearend "rearrangement". That took out the left taillight so we got these. I haven't looked in ages, but I presume you can stil get them online. Someday I hope to get the blackout style headlights too (if we keep the Trac!)...:cry:

Mark

lol yea i seen them but if you sell the trac id buy yours if you would sell them before getting rid of the trac cuz they look pretty sweet