The old console question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les Wise

Reaction score
For the last time! Correct me if I am wrong, the Sport Trac is a Explorer. The Explorer is a modified Ranger. In 2002 the Explorer was changed and the suspension was the relly big change. I had a 98 Explorer and I traded it for a 2002 Explorer so I know that there was a big change. I do not think that the Sport Trac changed in 2002. I think that it was still being built on the old Explorer chassis. Am I wrong? I tried Ford and they referred ne to a dealer.

My reason for concern is that if the sport Trac did not follow the Explorer 02 change, the console would be different between a 02 Explorer and an 02 Sport Trac. If this is the case, only an 01 or earlier Explorer would match the dimentions of the sport Trac. Another factor would be that the interior colors would probably not match.

All this being said, if I am right only an 03 to 05 Sport Trac high series console would work in my 05. The Explorer console would not. I may be wrong and I stand to be corrected. I let a console get away from me on Ebay because it was from an 04 Explorer but not a Sport trac.

Les, just one addition to Tiger's post.

01-04 2 door Explorer Sport consoles work, although colors may be different.

Latest posts