The Trac can Haul!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George C

Reaction score
Who said the Sport Trac can't haul 10 foot boards? Here is Todd Z's Trac loaded with 12 - 80 pound bags of cement, 6 - 10 4x4 posts, and a whole lot of other wood. It was a very heavy load and the truck handled great. :eek:

George

Camera Phone Pics...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

UMM since we needed the car jack to get it in my steep driveway, I don't think we could make the ferry ramps... LOL....

I estimated that load at about 1500 lbs....

Todd Z

A couple of weeks ago, the wife and I hauled 16' pieces of trim board by lowering the back window and setting the front on the dash and strapping the back down to the tiedowns.

Worked great! ( I love that back window!)

Nice! Here's mine with a queen mattress, head board and box spring. Doesn't look like much. I didn't take the pictures of the Walmart trip after.;)

[Broken External Image]:

This was probably around a ton.

[Broken External Image]:

My friends atv, 600 lbs.

[Broken External Image]:

I haul 4x8 sheets of wood on a regular basis... works great. I just lean it to one side, and use the inside bed hooks with a ratchet strap around the back end of the wood to hold it forward.

Here is my classic picture. About 2300 LBS of dirt.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Yesterday I hauled away a 1983 Mercury Grand Marquis on my Trailer. The car was longer then the deck of the trailer. What does anyone think a Grand Marquis weigh? I figure around 4000 LBS. 302 under the hood hooked up to an AOD tranny. The trailer alone weighs about 1400 LBS. So that is 5400 LBS. the most I have ever towed behind my Trac was 8,000 LBS.

I could not imagine not having a bed to haul the crap I haul.

Some of the crap I have hauled...

Scrap steel, "Sanford and Son style".

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

24' Aluminum Scaffolding plank...

[Broken External Image]:

And finally..."The frozen turkeys" hauled to local charities.

[Broken External Image]:

Tom

I hauled my SVTF on a car dolly back to Georgia from West Virginia through the mountains. Car is 2900 lbs, tow dolly is 1000, towed it with no problems.