The Wrench

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
I just had the TSB done on my 07 trac and after it was done there was no longer any responsiveness from a sitting start. I have the 4.6 and after I got the truck home I reloaded the 87octane performance tune from my Bama Chips XCal 3 which helped a little but now I've got the Wrench everytime I start up which is the warning of a drive train problem. Anyone experienced this on the 4.6 after having the downshift to low bump repaired?

Thanks,

Jim;)

Remove the negative battery cable for 30 minutes and see if this doesn't eliminate the light.

Well, a disconnect of the neg. bat cable doesn't do any good. the only thing I found that does work is to return it to stock program so apparently my programs from Doug at Bama Chips won't work with the tranny fix. I guess I'll contact Torrie hoping he will have mercy on this old man and see what he will charge me to change my programs.

Thx.

I wounder if they changed the PCM code without telling you, IT should be written under the hood and the flash is not a direct match any more..

Todd Z

Todd I guess in addition to being old must be dumb too. Why would they change my PCM code? I didn't think did that on anyone else's 6 speed that I've noticed in the posts. What do I do if they did change it?

Jim

Latest posts