THERE'S A WEDDING AHEAD

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReggieMRegalOne05 Legaspi

Reaction score
From MSNBC:

BREAKING NEWS

MSNBC News Services

Updated: 17 minutes ago

NEW YORK - XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. and Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. have agreed to merge, the two companies said Monday.

The deal would consolidate the only two companies in the emerging business of subscription-only satellite radio, and is sure to face tough scrutiny from federal regulators. Investors and analysts have been speculating about a deal for months.

The two companies said in a statement that Mel Karmazin, the CEO of Sirius, would become chief executive of the new company while Gary Parsons, the chairman of XM, would remain in that role. XM's CEO Hugh Panero will remain to oversee closing the of the deal, they said.

At first glance I do not like it. I bought XM for the baseball package. I do not need all that other stuff Sirius will bring because I can only listen to one station at a time.

They will now say they are offering a whole lot more, well see my first statement. Also, you will not be able to pit on versus the other for pricing - so yes, the term monopoly is correct.

I guess I should see if I can lock in my low, low rate of $77/year for a longer term before they close this deal.

JT#14

I agree with Woppy. What is to stop them from raising their rates? No competition . . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, Mine 10/27/07..... LOL

Todd Z

What is to stop them from raising there rates?

Loosing millions of customers.....Sirius isnt doing really well as a company, but they were doing better then XM. XM tanked pretty bad when Stern got the Sirius. If Sirius rasies their rates over the already $13 a month....ALOT of people would cancel and complain.....(they complain already about the price) but they want their Stern show.....

hmmmm sirius offers a 500.00 liftetime membership... I wonder if they will still hnor that... i might have to take advantage of it.

What about the other marriage talks between GM and DCX hmm...?

Those are not in talks. DCX is Diamler-Chrysler. Diamler-Benz is thinking of selling Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge.

In other words, DCX would be no more. Diamler-Benz would move on its own while GM could buy the Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge brands.

Tom

Latest posts