Thief light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cajun

Reaction score
Howdy Ya'll !!

Been awhile. Here's my Trac ready for play when I went to the Smokey's last Fall for vacation.

[Broken External Image]:

Now for the real reason I here....lol....My thief light comes on when I start the Trac and goes out like normal but when turn it off and remove the key out it no longer flashes. I have tried disconnecting the battier to reset the computer. I also tried swinging a alligator foot washed in stump water over my head while hopping on my left foot counterclockwise on a full moon shouting " FIX MY TRAC...FIX MY TRAC !" and nether worked. Any suggestions ???

Thanks in advance !

I also tried swinging a alligator foot washed in stump water over my head while hopping on my left foot counterclockwise on a full moon shouting " FIX MY TRAC...FIX MY TRAC !" and nether worked. Any suggestions ???

That is your problem.

First off, you need to swing the 'gator foot while hopping on your RIGHT foot CLOCKWISE on a NEW Moon.

I am not sure what your problem actually is.

Tom

Know what your problem is I had the same thing a few months back.

Counterclockwise right foot on right hand drive vehicles.

You had the right foot but the wrong direction. Left hand drive vehicles "left foot clockwise."

Ok first WB, Jody. I have not had this problem.But you might try just a plain key,one of the 2 or 3 dollar keys, and see if it starts.That should tell you if the theft system is working if it won't start. Other wise if it is working after that, I would'nt worry till it shows a code,you know what I mean._Ron

Good Idea , Ron

Thanks for the WB & the suggestion. I'm headed to Wallyworld now to get a key made !

I'll let you know.

Update : $1.58 non-PATS key would not start Trac and now I've noticed the Thief Light is dimly on all the time . Well at lest I know the PATS system is still working but have no idea where to go now. Would like to stay away from the deal if I can.

Latest posts