Think Prices of 05,04,03 ST's will drop significantly with 2007 models?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Someone mentioned to drop my current ST, and get a newer one to avoid my tranny issues... Im kinda thinking about it, I always wanted the black color, and the SLT version, I have the 2WD 01 now, tranny issues but thats about it....

Are the 03-05 models rid of the tranny problems?

Do you think the price of the older models will drop significantly with the release of the 2007 models?

Will all my aftermarket parts fit on a 03-05? Wheels, intake, billet replacements?

I realize id have to part with my new exhaust, but it was a minimal cost.

Yep! Prices on older models always drop when the new model comes out especially if there is a significant redesign or major upgrades. Remember, there has been no major styling changes since the Sport Trac was introduced in 2000.

...Rich

From past experience I will have to answer with a big YES! When Ford introduced the new restyled Mustang last year, our '03 Mustang convertible's value dropped in the toilet! :(

The ironic thing is that we got a fairly decent trade-in price for the Mustang towards our Sport Trac. But, now the ST's value is going to take a dive too! :angry:

All of the aftermarket parts fit 2001 thru the 05 year. With the slight exception of some of the engine stuff if you have a Job 1. Job 2 your good to go.

Tranny issues still exist. They have not made a big enough change thru the 05 year to get away from the issues that were present on the early years..

So basically if I was to trade it in, all I would have is the advantage of paying for a longer warranty period, which is going to be a few thousand dollars in the end, to fix a $2000 problem?

Im not too sure what to do :)

I hear you Eric H. Same thing happened to our Acura TL when the new body style was released. I learned my lesson. From now on I will research a model to determine whether or not a new body style is in the works.

JM

Thats what I like to hear ;)

I am actually wanting this... Considering trading in the 01 ST for an 04/05 when the 07 is available.

Yep! Prices on older models always drop when the new model comes out especially if there is a significant redesign or major upgrades. Remember, there has been no major styling changes since the Sport Trac was introduced in 2000.

That's not always true. I have a recently purchases 04 mustang that went through the roof when the 05 body came out. Paid 17,9 brand new and good luck finding an 04 that cheap now that is with low mileage. ALSO, bought my 05 ST for 16, 9 and the used ones are now selling at the SAME dealer for 20K. Go figure...you never know.