This morning's find

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Schultz

Reaction score
I found that my ST had been broke into this morning. Driver's side window broke and GPS stolen. I normally keep the GPS in the glove compatment, but did not last night. Whoever did it also emptied the console and did not take 2 packs of cigarettes of $2 in the quarter holder.

$487 cost to replace window - $500 deductible via car ins.

$450 to replace GPS - $250 deductible via homeowners ins.

Yes, I am the one whose neighbors boy broke my passenger's side window about 3 weeks ags. They admitted to it and paid for everything.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Terry

Man that's sad. Sorry to hear that Terry. Not worth the insurance getting involved considering the deductable and it'll put a claim on your account.

I have used glass for $74.50 if it will help.

Can ship if from 312 sources that have it in inventory. So I would think one to two days max.

Let me know...

that sucks is right did you get all the glass out from the last episode if so take the same care this time to protect that leather

I hope not to offend, but I seem to see a garage door in that first picture?

Any reason you don't park in it (is there only one stall and is it already full)?

I see a LOT of people with two stall garages that still park their vehicles in their driveways.

Communities all over are having smash and grabs...no area seems immune. I suggest everyone that can to clean out their garages and park their vehicles in them...they are after all, typically your second largest investment.

Good luck with the insurance and the repairs TSSS.

Do you have the serial number of the GPS? Report it to local pawn shops along with a reward.

TJR

Boodro - I just missed the punk(s). It was raining this morning and the rain stopped about 5:15 AM. I went out at 6:00 AM and found the ST this way. The interior was dry.

bp- I got all the glass the last time and took even more care this morning. Time will tell.

At least the interior was not trashed and "whoever" did not sit in the seat on the glass.

Terry

man, if only you cuaght them :angry:. I hate people who mess with other persons cars. I would never do anything like that, unless they did it to mine. good luck with everything.

boodro

I heard that auto burglars prefer the rain because it muffles a lot of the noise that is made. I guess sound travels less through the rain or something to that effect (makes sense to me). Sorry about your loss TSSS, specially with a brand spankin new 07.

It is such an awful feeling to be violated that way. Makes you wonder what other information was taken without being removed from the vehicle. ie..stuff in the glove box with personal papers, bank info debit or credit card info., name, etc, etc.

Absolutely nothing else was taken.

They took the cup mount and GPS. I had the power cord routed from the back, beside the passenger seat and plugged in. The power cord was taken also, so they had to unroute the cord.

Terry

TSSS, sorry for your loss. Hope they can find the a-holes. I had a Grand Am broken into about 10 years ago. They took my Jenson head unit (I had it for 3 months) and 2 amps and a HUGE dual 10" woofer box I had. The town clowns never found them. About 3 years later I got a call from this kid I worked with at a small engine repair shop. (who actually sold me the Jenson HU and knew my set-up pretty well) He tells me he found my speaker box. Some kid tried to sell it to him. I informed the local clowns and sure enough got the box back. It was a nice feeling. Sold the box last year at a garage sale for $60. So, like I said, hope they find them for you.;)

You can thank the bleeding hearts for your problem. They will tell you that he/she (there goes the PC police again) was a victim of a poor childhood and is not responsible for his actions. The PC police will tell you that your window is NOT broken, just rearranged. The stolen GPS is not stolen, but indefinitely borrowed. If we held people accountable for their actions and dealt out punishment appropriate to the crime, we would have less of it.

I'm sorry for you Trac being broken into. You have my non PC approval to kick the living S^&T out of him if/when you catch him. I really don't believe the police will even try to follow up on your break-in.

Man, that sucks! Sorry to hear about the break in. Maybe by the grace of God you'll get lucky and find the person or persons responsible for this. Good Luck.

I did call the police - they came and that was about it.

TJR suggests that I need to hide any of my belongings in any of the proper locations.

Hide in our HOLES is not the solutions to our problems.

You can ask "When is enough, enough?". What good does that do if the courts downplay what has happened due to the lawyers excuse that the person who did this was deprived, underemployed, unemployed, etc.

One can say the courts is our problem. The lawyers that prey and convince the courts that the silly stuff was not a break of the law but something else. The courts are judged by ex-lawyers. Conflict of interest ?????

Higher courts need that kind of experience. Lower courts need "real life" experience. Who has the money to run for the lower courts - lawyers or real life people ???

Terry --- Will not HIDE. but will probably pay :(

I did call the police - they came and that was about it.

TJR suggests that I need to hide any of my belongings in any of the proper locations.

Hide in our HOLES is not the solutions to our problems.

You can ask "When is enough, enough?". What good does that do if the courts downplay what has happened due to the lawyers excuse that the person who did this was deprived, underemployed, unemployed, etc.

One can say the courts is our problem. The lawyers that prey and convince the courts that the silly stuff was not a break of the law but something else. The courts are judged by ex-lawyers. Conflict of interest ?????

Higher courts need that kind of experience. Lower courts need "real life" experience. Who has the money to run for the lower courts - lawyers or real life people ???

Terry --- Will not HIDE. but will probably pay :(

Sorry, TSSS, didn't mean to erk you and make you go off on a rant about our legal system. For the legal system to be at issue here we first have to catch the guys who stole your stuff. I am not recommending anyone hide or change their lifestyle. I was simply trying to caution people that if they have garages they might want to try to use them as it seems to reduce these "crimes of opportunity".

I say that because I find that a lot of people these days load up their garages with seemingling useless "stuff" only to park their $30K vehicles in their driveways and on the street. I am not saying you are doing that, TSSS, but I see a lot of people doing it. It's like if banks put all their office furniture in the vault but left the cash out in the open each night....not smart, but it's what a lot of people do with their cars and the stuff within them each night.

I understand that this way of thinking seems accusatory of the "victim", and that it's not the victim's fault; and that is not my intent. "Crimes of opportunity" like these often never see the courtroom as the perps are most often never caught. This could very well be some neighborhood kid doing a smash and grab that is scared crapless about what to do with the goods now; not by some lifetime criminal that regularly fences stolen goods.

TSSS I also asked in my post if you had the serial number of the GPS and would be circulating it to pawn shops and providing that in the police report. That could go a long way towards catching these guys.

Good luck on catching them.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
For once I am glad I live in South Carolina.... Back at Christmas time, somebody broke out my Drivers side window, they stole 2 DVD's I had laying on the passenger seat and $0.14, yes, 14 cents I had in the center console. The idiot(s) went through all the trouble to throw a brick through the window, rifle through my center console, the glove box and above the sunvisors, but didn't bother to look in the back seat where I had a $1200.00 DJ CD unit and a Case with over 1000 CD's in it, plus some Mackie powered speakers. I got lucky that they didn't steal that stuff.

South Carolina has a zero Deductable on Glass as it is considered a safety item on vehicles, so it only cost me an afternoon to get the window replaced.

TSSS, a question?..Do you have a garage door opener in your 'Trac? Make sure you still have it. If not, you will need to correct that immediately, the crooks will be back. A few years ago we have a member names *Sterrific* He had a custom 'Trac with a very expensive paint job and stereo equiptment. His remote was *boosted* at a local auto parts repair place and they went in while David was gone and plundered his 'Trac. That was a heartbreaker. He hasn't been here in a while, I believe the incident took the heart out of David on his St. He kinda vanished after that.

Have a good one

Bob