Those asking about drycharger for mac or other intake

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Fajkus

Reaction score
I have the closest fit coming in for the mac filter that is oval tapered. It's going to Todd Z for fitting. He should have it inside of 2 weeks. For K&N applications, I have them in stock.

Although K&N markets it, it is made by Outerwears which is well known in the offroad world for water protection on filters. Note I did not say water proof.

On the water side of it. The repellant lasts 9 months to a year with repeated use. For those off-roading in deep water, it is advisable to slip it on during the excursion. it will last longer. If there is any doubt, just mist it with water and see if it beads up.

Past that, it is a way to keep the filter clean. Or a way to cover a dirty filter when showing the truck.

i attached a small vid (repost) to see what they look like.

The K&N is available here:

http://www.stuffforyourranger.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_17_84&products_id=161

MAC's will be available in a couple of weeks.

Looks like $25- $30 shipped. If it doesn't fit Todds truck the price will jump up (custom made)enough to warrant buying a new filter. This is on oval tapered only.

I believe the new MACs have a round tapered filter, not an oval tapered filter. This should not have a fitment problem at all.