Thought I would Rant and also ask...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Toms

Reaction score
Recently had the rear tail light blub go out. The one that works the brake/turn signal/running light. Downside, it wasn't the bulb. Turns out to be the socket. So I go about checking Advance Auto Parts... They only have ST tail lights. No socket or pig tails. They do offer the socket for GM vehicles though and the guy suggested I use it. HA! No. So then I went to Pep Boys, hoping to find better luck. But guess what... Nope. They only offer the tail lights.. After market and OEM. So next stop was to Napa. Napa did happen to have a socket. Took it home and come to find out all the numbers on both sockets match but compared to each, they are different looking. OEM was straight. Napa's had a right angle. Well guess what... It doesn't work. So I returned it. Went to Ford dealership tonight. They don't have it in stock, so I had to get it overnight. I am hoping tomorrow I will finally have the correct one. I checked into getting a pig tail as well and matched it with my current socket and it matches. I am hoping it is all good tomorrow. So if any others on the board happen to have a tail light socket or pigtail go out. Go to Ford first because no one else carries it.

Now my question. I have a recon third brake light, but the third brake light doesn't light up. Is there a fix for this? When I had the OEM light up there, it worked for like the first 10k miles on the truck, then nothing later. Any way to fix my third brake light?

Latest posts