Throttle cable mod.....say it aint so.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddy GreeneII

Reaction score
Ok, since I seem to be looking for preformance mods at an unhealthy pace, ( seriously this is strait ocd stuff0 can anyone help me out with what this includes, where to go from here?

Also, anyone ever drop just the rear an inch, just to take out the rake?

Throttle cable mod is simple as long as you can fit yourself under the dash on your back. Lift UP on the gas pedal then pull OUT on the throttle cable at the top of the pedal. If there is some slack, stack a few zip ties pulled tightly around the cable between the bead and the bracket. Then cut off the excess zip tie (which will be most of it). I did this on my Ranger, I took a pic but it just doesn't show up real well, w/ flash was too bright and w/o flash was too dark.

It gives more immediate response to the throttle. With the slack in the cable, when you depress the gas, the pedal must first take up the slack, then the throttle butterfly will react. Without the slack, pretty much as soon as you touch the gas, the butterfly reacts.

Thanks guys, and also, that's what Im thinking Doug.

Johnny, thank you man, just did it, hair trigger baby!:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts