Throttle Position Sensor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Where/What and how hard/expensive is it to change a Throttle Position Sensor?

I think this might be my problem, LOL. I read someone had the EXACT same problem im having on an 01 Sport, so I am praying to god this is what it is.

Located on the side of the throttle body.... 2 Phillips screws to change it...

The screws can be a pain, but it is easy to do...

Check out the installation of the throttle body project, it is on there because you have to switch it when replacing the TB,,...

Todd Z

XST,

If you replace every part on your engine you will have paid more than it would cost just to replace the whole engine.

Before you buy any more parts, you should invest in a repair manual. Either a hard copy book or a CD/DVD version can be purchased for less than $20. I'm sure you have spent well over $100 trying to solve your stalling problem and have not even diagnosed if the parts you replaced were even bad? If you had taken your truck to a qualified repair shop, you probably would have you stalling problem fixed by now at half the moeny you have spent just replacing randome parts that have not solved the problem

It's far cheaper to diagnose the problem and replace the part/s that are truely bad rather than using the shotgun approach. Buying a manual is also an excellent way to learn how the various parts work and things start to make more sense logically.

...Rich