Tic,tic, Tic tic, It wont stop

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjwill123

Supporting Member
1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 wheel drive
Reaction score
Hey ALL

My 2005 ST has just developed a problem - it sounds like the blinker is continually going even with (key in-engine running/not running/ key in off position/key out of the car) but I have a LED turn signal relay. I have tried to reinstall the OEM relay and it still won't work properly... the blinkers/hazards all function normally. I had to disconnect the battery so I can drive to work tomorrow. HELP _Its driving crazy

Thanks all

C.J. Williams

Last edited:
UPDATE ::: swshawaii, yes I have a tilt steering Wheel. I did try that and NO change, I went to local auto parts store and bought 2 new relays 1-oem and 1- LED and i tried both. LED Relay - same as before click,click,click and then i tried the new OEM relay and music to my ears!!!! Silence noting bit silence.... unit I actavated the turn signal and HYPER FLASH!!!!! I can deal with hyper flash but there is still a problem... I have a work around but now to find the TRUE problem.... NO EXPOSED WIRE that i could see so far. it was midnight so I will have to look this weekend.
CJ

Sounds like a bad ground cause the led flasher relay to shutter. If you can’t find the direct cause I recommend switching back to OEM style bulbs and flasher relay.