Timing chain

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oknopa

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
What can i do to take care of the timing chain. I have 160000 miles now and the engine sounds fine. Should i replace the tensioner?

Attachments

• PXL_20240708_002321556.jpg
    PXL_20240708_002321556.jpg
    1.1 MB
Thats the rear, There is 1 on the front too. Looks like you have a valve cover leak or the tensioner is leaking. bought used? did someone change it already?

that's what i try to figure out. When i was in the Shop and the did all the work, the replaced the Driver site valve cover. And the Struts, control arm etc. The valve cover gasket was 600 Dollar. I am still have the small paddle oil under the trac each day. Now i try to figure out where is comes from. maybe is it's the back Tensioner? Though to see exactly where the leak is coming. And i like to do all the maintains for the timing chain.

ok, i checked again very close and it it's the valve cover. Since is it the passenger site i may do it my self. Did you guys ever buy one new valve cover or just replace the gasked. I see complet sets on amazon.

Latest posts