Tire Choice Michelin ltx or Geolander hts

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike M 4

Reaction score
Gotta get some new skins. Discount tire has the Michelin ltx m/s for 585 out the door. The geolanders are 596 out the door. Checked on tire rack and the Michelins are a top 10 pick. Which do ST'ers recommend. Been to the tire rack site and checked the ratings. Michelin is in the top 10.

thanks

We had the geo hts on our escape. great tire, priced better than the mich.

Maybe the members that have them will chime in.

Edit; strange that your discount tire priced the geo higher. My discount tire priced the geo's about $80 less out the door.:wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the Michelin LTX M/S on My '04 Trac and loved them. I had about 30k miles on them when I traded it in and they still looked and felt like new. Changed my shocks to Monroe Reflex at the same time and it was like a different (better) truck.

Purchased the Yoko Geolanders today at Discount; getting them installed on Wed. Had the best rating I could find for the price.

I like Michelin. I've run some extremely high mileage numbers with Michelin tires. I ran a set of 255's to 96,000 miles on my GMC, and the factory Michelins on my Trac to 104,000 miles! And that was just short of hitting the wear bars, too.

I have a set of the LTX Michelins still on the ST with 98000 miles on them. Not to the wear bars yet, and they still feel good. Worked ok on some mud 2 weeks ago too...

Thanks everyone,

Got the Michelins. They are incredibly quiet. FYI there is a factory 40 dollar rebate until the end of October.

Mike

thanks for the heads up, i just bought a set cheaper than they had them on Ebay