Tire Choices - Alenza Recommendations

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cynthia Grant

Reaction score
Help! My head is spinning after reading tons of online reviews about tires! My OEM Wranglers are done at 49K, and I want to upgrade. Have been impressed by what I've read about Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza. Anyone out there with Alenza's living in snowy climates? I want better highway ride than the Wranglers, but don't want to sacrifice traction in snow (a frequent occurence here in upstate New York).

FYI - I already have the EE antisway bar and Rancho 9000s.

Alenza owners or other NY area drivers - please advise! Thanks!!!!!!

I would go with Nitto Terra Grappler AT Tire, I have a 07 St it had the goodyear Fortera 245/65/17 went with the Nitto Terra Grappler AT 265/70/17 and it is so much more of a smoother ride and it looks sooooo much better, it also added 2.5 inches in width and ht. I love them and swear by them and will not put anything else on my ST...not much snow in Va Beach Va, but from what I hear they are great in the snow...I paid 532.00 out the door for all 4. Hope this helps. let us know what you decide.

Bill

We've had on the Alenza's since last May, and even though we don't live in an area where it snows we do live in an area that gets a lot of rain. On our trip back to Louisville they performed great, and the Alenza's wet weather traction is very good if not excellent. You might also want to consider the Goodyear Fortera Silent Armor which are rated on TireRack.com right up there with the Alenza's.

I have Bridgestone REVO's, great in rain and snow, even mud off-roading, but I'm not real happy with the treadlife. Got about 25,000 out of my first set, now on my second (bought two at a time, that's why I still have them).

I got the Alenza's back in May and have been very pleased with them. We don't see much snow down here but plenty of rain and the Alenza's are the best tires I have ever had on wet streets. And if your truck came with 235x70x16's like mine, go with the 255x70x16's. Fills up the wheel well very nicely without rubbing and doesn't cost much more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deuler AT Revo's here, just threw on my second set, got 50K+ out of the previous ones. What an awesome tire. Handles whatever you throw at them, from dry to wet to snow to sand without any problems. They are super quiet when they are new but I noticed some road noise when I had put about 40K on them. I also upsized to the 265/75/R16s with this set.

I replaced my wranglers over a year ago with the revos. They are very nice and surprisingly quiet. The rebate being offered is a plus. I ordered mine from RoadwayTire.com. I get alot of comments on the tread pattern