Tire Pressure Monitoring System [Part II]

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven D

Reaction score
So there was some question about the TPMS Sensors on the 2007 model Tracs. here's what I have found out.

The sensors installed at the factory, cannot be reused, however, if you have to get them replaced (hopefully under warranty), the ones that get put on afterwards are removable and reusable. THey are held on with metal bands that use a screw to tighten them (like ones on belts under the hood sometimes (the technical name is escaping me right now).

I recently switched from my 17 in factory rim to a wider 17 in aftermarket chrome wheel and the sensors were able to be switch with bands and all. Here's a picture of the after market rim

8f6cfc891ecd0e07a4894875aad6d28e.jpg

691b8e9d0804a308375cd7d75207de60.jpg

i am not sure how to get them to replace them if nothing is wrong. When I bought my trac, the rims that came from the factory, the clear coat on them was spidering and peeling bad, so the replaced the rims under warranty, and thus had to put new bands and sensors.

So if you can get the clear coat to start coming off, you might have a chance...

As for the tires looking greasy, I am not sure why, they were washed with regularly when I washed the trac, and I didn't put anything on them, maybe the angle of the picture with the sunlight???

No, I had the non chrome 17in wheels that come with the XLT appearance package, which were replaced with the same ones that are now for sale in the swap and sell.

If you have chrome wheels, you might be able to get them to pit or peel with salt water or something???

Latest posts