Tire Pressure Monituring System

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allan Reed

Reaction score
2008 Ltd ST

After having new tires installed I have been having an alarm come up " Tire Monitor Fault" followed in about 10 to 15 kilometers later " Tire Sensor Fault". When vehicle is shut off, alarms disappear. Ford dealer who installed new tires said a sensor probably needed to be rest again and they did so. Alarms reappeared 3 days later. Tire pressures are okay and " Tire prssure alarm does not come on.

Anyone have any ideas. I would like some more ideas before I go back to dealership. Going to another dealer is a poor option as the nearest one not owned by the same family is 100 km away.

I can sell you the tool to reset the TPMS along with instructions.

$20 including shipping.

Let me know if you're interested.

Tim

Have had both of my sets of wheels reset several times (when I change from summer to winter tires) with no reoccurance of the "alarm". Maybe a sensor problem... don't know. BC

do you have Air or Nitrogen in your tires? if Air, switch to Nitrogen. it is an inert gas that is not affected by ambient temperatures so it stays at constant pressure unless you experience a leak. it also increases gas mileage a bit.

i used to experience tire pressure sensors alarms in the winter until i drove a mile or so and the tire heated up a little bit. once i switched to nitrogen that stopped.

Latest posts