Tire Replacement

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Bates

Reaction score
Please reccomend tires (235/65R18) to replace factory insatalled Michelin Cross Terrains. I only got 15,000 miles and I rotate every 4,000. Michelin would do nothing for me. I off road a little in hunting season and bust snow in Western PA winters. I'm thinking about BFGoodrich Long Trails. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I have 4k on theses tires, Cooper Dicoverer HT plus, $125per tire . They come in 265/60-18, 30.15" diameter. Your tires are 30.02" diameter.

Im very pleased with the ride, control wet and dry, and queit on the highway. They are rated XL load. More load capable than P and less than LT tires.

Just dont buy them at pep-boys. They damaged my rims

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
BFG Long Trails are supposed to be pretty good. I have Firestone Destination A/T's also, if they are made in your size I'd recommend them. Good all-around tire, good in snow, I have 20,000 miles on mine and they look like new.

I have BFG Long Trail T/ATour on my Ranger. So far, so good. Only experience in weather has been rain and they handled well. Didn't get them until all of our snow was gone.

I had the bfg long trails. They are good tires. When I replaced them. They still had 1/4 of the tread left. They had started to slip, wet and dry. I believe it was from. What is called, friction hardness. From age and road heat. Good tires though.

I just bought BFG Long Trail T/A Tour on my '07 ST XLT. So far, after 1 week, they seem pretty nice and ride well. They look good!

I wanted Firestone Destination A/T's but not available in my size. The Cooper Dicoverer HT plus was also not available in my size.

'07 ST

Michlen will refund unreceived mileage. They guarantee 65,000 miles. Check out the warrenty on their web-site. Go to any Michlen dealer if you get less than 65,000 miles. I got 29,000 on the factory tires and 23,000 on the replacements. Got refunds on both sets.

Thanks to all who responded to my help for tire replacement. This was my first experience using this website and I appreciate the response. I'll try to keep the Sport Trac Board updated on a tire report in the future.

I have a 2008 and I'm thinking of buying a rear vent/sun shade. I've read some of the responses about that product.

Dumb Question: Is the year of manufacture the difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2?

Thanks again!

Craig Bates said:
I have a 2008 and I'm thinking of buying a rear vent/sun shade. I've read some of the responses about that product.

I believe Auto Ventshade makes one. Todd Z has said that Gen 1 and Gen 2 Tracs use the same one.

Dumb Question: Is the year of manufacture the difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2?

It's not dumb if you're new to Sport Tracs.

'01-'05 = Gen 1

'07-'10 = Gen 2

There was no 2006 Sport Trac.

I just put my second set of 4 "Nokian" all weather (not all season) tires on my 01 sport trac. I got over 50,000 miles off the first set. They are really, really great on ice and snow. I drive year round with them. That's why they are called "all weather". They are made in Finland, and are sold in Canada by Kal Tire tire shops. I highly recommend them!

I just put on Cooper Zeon LTZ 265/75/16LT. The ride is great. I also hunt and get in the mud and have had no problems. I will say if I had a choice it would be a Cooper tire hands down. :haveabeer: