Tire rub + sway bar

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Torrez

Reaction score
I have 285 45 r22 Nitto Dune Grappler tires on the stock suspension of a 2004 sporttrac 4x4. The tires were rubbing on the inside black cladding, but I trimmed the trouble spots. In the front I have noticed rubbing marks on the both ends of the front swaybar. Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening. My first inclination was a TT type minimal lift, but I am unsure. Thank you...

Last edited by a moderator:
wouldnt a wheel spacer help alittle bit>? to get it away from the sway bar, prolly wouldnt need anymore than a 1/4 inch, but im not sure.... someone will chime in for sure though

and replace the front stabilizer bar end links with MOOG Problem Solver End Links.

Even better is to replace the endlinks with ones from Autozone. They look identical to the MOOG ones but only about 1/3 the price. Inside the box, it even has the MOOG part number.

Tom

Ive got 31"x 10.5x15" BFGoodrich tires with 1 1/2" wheel spacers all around and with the wheel turned all the way they rubb the front sway bar. Its some thing ive adjusted my driving to. I am changing the tires though only because im lowering the trac. good luck

Paul H

Sounds like the wheels have too much positive offset for 285 tires. Wheel spacers or rack and pinion limiting washers from ford. The washers slip on the the rack rod, inside the boot. You will have to remove the inner tierod to install them. They will limit the turning radius. I used them on my mustang. Lost the part # though.

Latest posts