tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zach Buckman

Reaction score
anyone running 265 75 16? with wheel spacers or without? im thinking about running that size with a small wheel spacer and wanted to know if anyone was doing that. also where to get wheel spacers. and anyone have pictures of there sport trac running that size?

Hey Zack,

I really wanted to run 265/70 R16s, but the shop I was ordering from didn't have them in stock. I had to settle for 265/75 R16s instead.

Only minor rubbing on full lock left turns, which is easy to get rid off. I also have meatier tires than most, so that contributes to the tighter fit as well.

As for the spacers, I'm running 1.25" spacers up front (which probably helps to minimize the rubbing) and 1.5" spacers on the rear.

Heres what she looks like:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

By the way, with the tires and spacers, she handles a lot nicer than stock. im going to upgrading the endlinks either this weekend or next, so it should be even better after that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Frequently Asked Questions

Category

Wheels and Tires

Frequently Asked Question

What are the biggest tires that fit on a gen 1 Sport Trac without a lift?

Answer

265/70-16 - Possible chance of slight rub lock to lock. The 265's are 30.5" tall, and that dimension can vary from tire to tire, mfg to mfg. Some members report running 275/70/16 with minor rubbing as well. Do a site search and you will find more on this topic.

Last Updated

11/19/2007

----------------------------------------

The overall dia. for a 265/70R-16 is 31.5" to 31.8".

You can get wheel spacer off eBay.

I really wanted to run 265/70 R16s, but the shop I was ordering from didn't have them in stock. I had to settle for 265/75 R16s instead.

Hey Shaun.t,

Is your truck lifted at all with these size tires on it?

Latest posts