Todd Z, others who've changed crank pulley

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Hinebaugh

Reaction score
I'm having a terrible time tracking down tools to change the crank pulley. The bolts for the harmonic balancer puller from autozones loaner were too short to get threaded, so I had to improvise with some 1/4-20 rod, nuts, and fender washers to make a puller. Now the installer that I just got from autozone doesn't look like it will work, either. Now I'm trying to source a bolt longer than stock locally, and Fastenal, etc. don't have it in stock. Now I'm looking to order online. What length bolt comes with the underdrive kits from Zabteck?

There is NO installer.... UDP supplies you with a bolt to use to draw it on...

You can use your OLD crank bolt to do that......

Thats it.....

Did you see the instructions on my site for installing a UDP....

Exact same procedure..

Todd Z

OK, thanks. I was guessing since they supplied a bolt to get it on half way, that maybe it was a longer bolt to get it started, to a point that the stock bolt would catch.

Nope, the ones I have are the same length...

Todd Z

I finally got it on, I think a slightly longer starter bolt would help. Putting it on by hand wasn't quite enough to get the bolt started. I had to smack it with a 2X4 to get it on far enough for the bolt to get started. Thanks for your help, though.

Latest posts