Todd Z. power steering sensor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk Montez

Reaction score
:blink: Just went out to the trac and followed the power steering lines and didn't see any sensors. I have a 2001 trac. Do you got pictures or something. I followed the line down then it goes to a small radiator and then back up to the reservoir. I didn't see any sensors on the lines...

Kirk

I don't know what type of a sensor you are looking for, but the line that goes to the cooler ("small radiator") is the low pressure side and won't have any sensors in it.

If you are looking for a PS pressure switch, you will be there a long time,...doesn't have one.

The PCM senses the RPM drop and compensates accordingly. There is no PS sensor that tells the idle to change.

So why would I be having a ruff idle only when I put a load on my power steering pump? Idle is great until I put a load on it without giving the truck gas. if I am in drive and holding the break and turn my wheels the idle gets very rough. BUt if I give it some gas to compensate for the load all is well... There is a problem somewhere..

Yeah, I was researching this today and my laptop crapped out at work....

I could not find it on the st, and Hal has confirmed it....

There was a TSB on upgrading the PS pump, but maybe your idle is just too low ???

Todd Z

You need an accurate diagnosis, whether at Ford or somewhere else.

Vac. leak, plug wire or plug, MAF, all are possibilities.

There may be pending codes, but even if not, if the concern can be easily duplicated it shouldn't be hard to find by monitoring PIDS with a scan tool while it's acting up.

Latest posts