tonneau cover key cover?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The key is the same as the truck that it came on... they are all different...

you can take the lock out or take it to a locksmith and they can re-key the cover to your trucks key...

Todd Z

The lock on the cover should have been keyed to match your ignition (and door) key. If it is, you can purchase either a PATS (security key) for an alarming amount (unless you purchase through LaRue) or a non-PATS key for about $5.00 cut for the cover lock at the dealer or locksmith. If the lock on the cover is not keyed to match the ignition, you can go to a locksmith and either get a non-PATS key and have it matched to the lock or, as Todd suggests, have the cover lock re-keyed to match the ignition key. For convenience, having all the locks match is nice. For a bit (and it's a little bit) of security, you could have the cover lock different than the ignition key and not give that key to valets.

I think he is looking for the rubber cover that goes over the tonneau cover key lock.

I don't know if the oval rubber cover that is teathered to the lock cover housing with a rubber strap is available separately. I don't even know if you can buy the rubber lock housing/cover unit standalone?

...Rich

looks like we need a clarification then please...............

Todd Z