Tonneau Cover Lift Project

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill powers

Reaction score
Looking for any ideas on how to set up a "one-person" lift arrangement for the factory cover. Sometimes need to remove it and there is no one around to help. I was thinking of some type of pulley arrangement... my garage has 10' ceilings.

Looked through the Projects and didn't see anything.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

I've never had any problem getting my t-cover off by myself...this is how I do it:

- Open the tailgate

- Open the back half of the t-cover and lay it on the front.

- Jump up into the bed of the truck with keys in hand, unlock the back 1/2 and fold the two haves up and lean them against your body

- Unpin each side, then lift up and swing the folded t-cover 90 degrees and set standing up on the inside of the bed

- Jump down, walk around to the side, life the t-cover up and over the side (or pull it from the rear of the bed across the tailgate, making sure not to scratch.

And, I have also taken it off without ever getting into the bed, but it requires a little more balancing and strength, and longer arms...unlock front, fold over, unlock back, lift folded, unhook one pin, move around to the other side as you hold the folded cover, unpin other side, the grab the t-cover as it stands folded at the top, and bring it towards you in a cartwheel fashion.

It's one of the few workouts I get.

I think a project might be cool...would be interesting to see how you secure the lift rope.

TJR

By the way, does the folded up cover fit inside the truck? In case you're not at home when you decide you need to take it off.

CB, Yes, it will fit behind the front seats, or even on the back seat...I know...have had to carry mine like that a few times. I am speaking for the 01-05.

TJR

Latest posts