Tonneau Cover Options

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Richmiller

Reaction score

Hey guys, i just upgraded my '03 ST to a 09 STA, it didn't come with the hard tonneau cover and the sales guy said it would be 1100 from the parts department. I was wondering what my options were for a quality bed cover. I'm not looking for a fiberglass or painted one, possibly a hard tonneau or hard roll up one.

Appreciate any insight.

How about aluminum?? :wub:

[Broken External Image]:

A few more pics in our library.

Edit: These are available in black also.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put an "undercover" hard ABS cover on my 07, looks good, weighs only 45 lbs or so, 2 locks, easy to mount and they say easy to remove, I haven't yet, do a search for undercover tonneau covers, fiberglass is nice but heavy and expensive, a cloth tonneau cover is good, I've had 2 of those, they work good, but you don't have much security as you can't lock those.

Found this site doing a web search on "tonneau covers", and you can do a search for just about what ever you want.

Tonneau Covers by Brand:

Armor Lid, Rugged Liner, Extang, Pace Edwards, Downey, Advantage, Truxedo, SportMaster, Lund, Le Bra, Access, UnderCover, Bak, and Fold a Cover.

Tonneau Covers by Type:

Hard Top, Soft Roll Up, Folding, Hinged, Retractable, and Tool Box, all priced right and with the shipping included. Choose the type you want and easily compare what the manufactures have to offer. Tonneau Covers for Ford, GMC, Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan, and more.

2nd the Undercover, good fight, looks good, secure, dry inside. easy to remove and install by oneself.

I often need the bed open, so I always get soft tonneaus. For both of my Tracs I've bought a Tonneaumasters roll up. It is very sturdy vinyl, I like them, cost about $200.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to let you guys know i went with the Roll N Lock cover. Went with it for it's ease to open and close and security of being pretty hard. I'm probably even going to spring for the electronic one which allows a one touch operation to open/close with a key ring remote.

The factory hard cover is $1,100!!!??? What the hell! That can't be right.

Yeah i have no clue what that deal is all about. It's a $595 option on the XLT. I immediately looked checked the price online by finding a ford parts retailer. The price is $1100 but all of them are discounting them to around $730 or so, i told the sales there was no way i would pay that much and he made it sound like the parts department couldn't get me it any cheaper than that. I told him no way i was going to do that and i'd find my one top. Anyways, it was a blessing in disguise because i found the Roll N Lock cover which will be about 10x better than the hard tonneau one.